• Ease of use: Cisco 90 Series switches work right out of the box, with no software to install and nothing to configure. Each switch port independently sets itself for the optimal speed and determines whether to run in half- or full-duplex mode automatically. As a standards-based Cisco solution, Cisco 90 Series switches are also designed to immediately accommodate all of the devices in your network, including:
– Support for 10 megabits per second (Mbps), 100 Mbps, and up to 1 gigabit per second (1000 Mbps) devices in the same network
– Automatic cable detection, so you don't have to worry about using the wrong cable type
– Compatibility with network devices from other vendors
• Simple setup: Designed for small office spaces, Cisco 90 Series switches are available in both compact desktop and rack-mount models. The desktop models offer a wall-mount option for discreet mounting under a desk or on the wall of an office or conference room.
• High performance: Cisco 90 Series switches deliver the performance you need to run your business applications - including bandwidth-intensive video services - and avoid slow and sluggish networks. It supports up Gigabit Ethernet speeds, unlocking a new level of capacity and performance in your business network and letting you transfer large files in seconds.
• Reduced energy costs: Cisco 90 Series switches are designed to help conserve energy by optimizing power use without compromising performance, which protects our environment and reduces your energy costs. In addition, they support the Energy Efficient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az) standard, which reduces energy consumption by monitoring the amount of traffic on an active link and putting the link into a sleep state during quiet periods. All of the switches have no fans, so they run silently and unobtrusively while lowering energy costs.
• Support for advanced technologies: All switches include advanced Cisco traffic-handling features to keep your applications running at peak performance. Integrated QoS intelligence on all models automatically prioritizes delay-sensitive services such as voice or video to improve your network's performance. Fast store-and-forward switching identifies damaged packets and prevents them from being passed on through the network. All of these features run automatically, with no management or configuration required.
• Peace of mind: Cisco 90 Series switches deliver the rock-solid reliability you expect from a Cisco switch. The solution has been rigorously tested to ensure optimal uptime and performance.